Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
(TQs). This position has been evaluated to be a Tier A position under the DoD OIG SES Personnel Management and Compensation System.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
The applicant is to provide a separate narrative statement to each of the following technical qualifications which describes fully, but concisely, how his/her experience supports each of the following qualifications. Each technical qualification narrative should not exceed 2 pages. Failure to address these specific qualifications in a separate narrative statement will eliminate you from consideration:
1. Management experience in leading and motivating a highly trained professional legal staff.
2. Diversified experience dealing with highly complex issues within a number of the subject areas relevant to the OIG, which include: appropriations and fiscal law; procurement/contract law; constitutional law; criminal law; and administrative law.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of DoD and/or government organization and operations and OIG responsibilities, policies, and business processes.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): The ECQs describe the leadership skills needed to succeed in the Senior Executive Service, and are in addition to the specific technical factors listed above. To assess the executive experience of each candidate, applicants who are applying for their initial career appointment in the SES must demonstrate, with specific examples, how their experience is relevant to exercising leadership in each of the five competencies. Current or former SES Career employees are not required to address the ECQs (SES Career employees include only those appointed under Title 5 U.S.C. 3393). A concise executive summary must show where and when the qualifications were obtained, the organizational setting in which the experience was acquired, (e.g. organizational size, level, and assigned fiscal resources), and a narrative discussion of the qualifications. The ECQs must not exceed 10 pages.
1. LEADING CHANGE. The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. LEADING PEOPLE. The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. RESULTS DRIVEN. The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. BUSINESS ACUMEN. The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. BUILDING COALITIONS. The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Specific instructions for preparing your narrative statement and definitions of these core qualifications are available at http://www.opm.gov/ses/
Attorney positions have a positive education requirement. Applicant must possess a J.D. degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar and be an active member of the bar (any US jurisdiction).
Accreditation: Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements.
For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/ and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Actual salary may vary depending on the scope and the complexity of the qualifications and current compensation of the selectee.
PCS/Relocation expenses, if authorized, will be in accordance with Joint Travel Regulations.
Veterans' preference does not apply to the SES.
Filling of this position is not subject to the provisions of the DOD Priority Placement Program (PPP).
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the quality and extent of their experience, training, and/or education indicated on their resume and responses to the technical and executive qualifications listed above. Resumes will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel, and best qualified candidates may be invited to participate in a structured interview. The Executive Resources Board (ERB) will review results and make recommendations on final selections to the approving authority.
All applicants are required to submit a narrative statement addressing each of the Technical Qualifications (TQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs).
NOTE: Current Career SES members, Career Senior Executive Reinstatement Eligibles and graduates of OPM certified Candidate Development Program (CDPs) are not required to submit the narrative statement for Executive Core Qualifications. Acceptable documentation to verify this information is included in the How to Apply Section.Please provide a well-written qualification statement. To give readers, executive resources staff, rating and selecting officials, and the Qualification Review Board (QRB) members specific information about your achievements. For more detailed information please click on the following link: http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/qualify.asp