Teacher Assistant, Special Education (Job Coach)
A job coach is a teacher assistant position that requires specialized skills and training.
Job coaches provide short-term support to students who are learning new jobs in the school or in the community. The job coach reports to the transition teacher assigned to the high school.
* Assists in setting work plans for students including accommodations, scheduling, transportation, and task analysis
* Provides direct support and systematic training to students working in schools or in the community; assists in travel training
* Collects data on student progress in the work environment; assists in the social integration of students in the work place
* Trains students to the level of independence and fades support on the job.
* Supports the Career Pathways class
* May support students from other schools when necessary
* Performs related work as required
Applicants must have excellent communication and decision making skills and be comfortable working in the community.