Billing Assistant/Jr. Accountant
PRS, Inc., recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to work for in the US for the eighth consecutive year. We are a community-based nonprofit organization that serves individuals living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and individuals who face life crises.
We have a new opportunity for a dynamic Billing Assistant/ Jr. Accountant located at our Administrative Offices in Oakton, VA.
- Generate all billing from our electronic clinical records;
- Submit routine billings to multiple payers;
- Review denials determining corrective action needed;
- Prepare and send out private pay statement of accounts;
- Assist with non-clinical records billing;
- Aid with periodic billing audits;
- Verify payments;
- Perform routine monthly ledger entries; and
- Cross-train to support other finance functions including AP and Payroll as needed.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or 30 credit hours in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience performing a variety of hands-on billing functions with knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes. Clearing House claims processing experience required. Work experience in mental health billing preferred;
- Experience with Credible or other EHR packages a plus;
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, plus problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Knowledge in use of Microsoft Office software, famiiliar with Great Plains software a plus; and
- Must be a self-starter who possesses strong diplomatic communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to be persistent, yet supportive to perform the above responsibilities.
Interested applicants should apply to: PRS - Join Our Team
“Changing Lives. Saving Lives”
PRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer