DATA ANALYTICS SPECIALIST
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized experience is defined as using the principles, practices and techniques of gathering and interpreting metrics and applying analytics to on-line products and services focused on improving the overall Agency customer experience. Examples of specialized experience include: Implementing policy and developing and implementing actual metrics to understand user behavior in on-line products or tools. Assisting Product or Program Managers in understanding and interpreting results of gathered metrics. Researching and analyzing metrics and analytics gathering tools and providing recommendations on the direction of future metrics and analytics technologies.
GS-14: : One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-13) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as using principles and techniques of analytics to develop policy, recommend alternatives and administer metrics and analytics technologies leading to improving on-line tools or services. Examples of specialized experience include: Developing policy and developing and implementing actual metrics to understand user behavior in on-line products or tools. Recommend best metrics practices to Product or Program Managers for gathering and understanding metrics. Applying predictive analytics to a wide array of on-line products and services. Researching and analyzing metrics and analytics gathering tools and providing recommendations on the direction of future metrics and analytics technologies.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Decision Support
- Information Management
- Problem Solving
- Program/Project Management
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10184363 Read more Security clearance Secret