Data Analytics Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
For entry at the GS-13 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-12 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
For entry at the GS-14 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-13 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
For the GS-13:
You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS- 12) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required. Specialized experience is defined as using the principles, practices and techniques of gathering and interpreting metrics and applying analytics to on-line products and services focused on improving the overall Agency customer experience.
Examples of specialized experience include: Implementing policy and developing and implementing actual metrics to understand user behavior in on-line products or tools. Assisting Product or Program Managers in understanding and interpreting results of gathered metrics. Researching and analyzing metrics and analytics gathering tools and providing recommendations on the direction of future metrics and analytics technologies.
For the GS-14:
You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS- 13) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as using principles and techniques of analytics to develop policy, recommend alternatives and administer metrics and analytics technologies leading to improving on-line tools or services.
Examples of specialized experience include: Developing policy and developing and implementing actual metrics to understand user behavior in on-line products or tools. Recommend best metrics practices to Product or Program Managers for gathering and understanding metrics. Applying predictive analytics to a wide array of on-line products and services. Researching and analyzing metrics and analytics gathering tools and providing recommendations on the direction of future metrics and analytics technologies.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment:
The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.
The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.
Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.
Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
For more benefits information please visit: http://www.opm.gov/employment_and_benefits/employeesupport2.asp
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY NOT be authorized.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 90 or above on the rating criteria for this position.This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. The view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DoD Priority Placement Program.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Decision Support
- Information Management
- Problem Solving
- Program/Project Management
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10184362 Read more Security clearance Secret