Occasional travel - Domestic and international travel is required for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Fluency or demonstrated proficiency in a foreign language;
- Advanced degree;
- At least two (2) years' substantive experience as demonstrated bya sustained record of accomplished, analytical writing and other professional achievements.
- U.S. Citizenship;
- Resume and supporting documents (see How to Apply);
- Satisfactory completion of a background investigation;
- Completion of a probationary period; and
- Selectee must be able to meet and maintain suitability and security requirements.
- Must be a U.S. citizen;
- Possess, at a minimum, a bachelor's degree in a relevant field to the position requirements;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of regional politics, jurisprudence, culture, economic development, security trends, U.S. interests, and human rights in general;
- Strong research skills;
- Ability to proactively develop, synthesize, and articulate effective and actionable policy recommendations;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced setting, defining and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to synthesize information from various sources;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and collegial demeanor; and
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Bachelor's degree at a minimum.
USCIRF offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, ten Federal holidays, retirement, life insurance, and medical benefits. Please visit www.opm.gov for more information on benefits.
Selective Service. If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify at the time of appointment that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under Selective Service law.
Reasonable Accommodation. USCIRF provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact USCIRF at (202) 523-3240. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity. The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This job is excepted from the competitive civil service. Applicants will be evaluated and deemed either eligible or ineligible based on the (1) completeness of the submission of the required materials, (2) relevance and quality of experience and education, and (3) desired qualifications described above.
Pursuant to section 204(c) of the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998, as amended, USCIRF staff members are hired "on the basis of professional and nonpartisan qualifications."