Athletic Training Supervisor - Outpatient Therapy
Care. Compassion. Community. Show your care and compassion for your community and join the Adventist HealthCare family as an Athletic Training Supervisor in our Outpatient Therapy department in Rockville, MD! Our team is proud of the AHC commitment that cares for a patients' physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5: 00 pm with occasional nights and weekends
- Supervises daily operations of Athletic Training services at assigned sites and assures proper patient care, productivity, and performance of AT staff
- Manages and assigns Supervising Physician and AT partnership to contracted MCPS high schools
- Monitors quality and assists staff in day to day problem solving and performance enhancement
- Responsible for staff recruitment, retention, professional development and organizing continuing education events
- Conducts new employee education, training, and orientation and assists with employee recruitment and retention
- Coordinates with MCPS Athletic Directors to ensure meeting of student athlete healthcare needs
- Communicates with MCPS athletic administration to ensure meeting of expectations, and scheduling of county wide athletic events
- Communicates with Athletic booster clubs and marketing department to organize marketing and advertising efforts at school events
- Organizes and schedules CPR training classes for MCPS athletic staff
- Coordinates proper invoicing and billing for Athletic Training services
- Responsible for operation, marketing, and patient recruitment of the Wellness Program
- Generates monthly referral data and prepares summary reports
- BOC ATC certified
- Licensed to practice Athletic Training in Maryland
- CPR/ AED Certified
- Demonstrates strong communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical competence in documentation, evaluation and treatment
- Demonstrates skills an knowledge of interaction with minors and legal guardians
- Demonstrates skills in customer service
- Demonstrates skills in effective problem solving
- Demonstrates familiarity with high school athletics culture and patient/parent interaction
- Ability to multitask patient care and staff/program coordination
- Proficient in standard business PC applications such as e-mail, word processing, excel and other applications
- Demonstrates experience and ability to handle medical emergencies
- Demonstrated skills in peer mentorship and professional development
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser