Deputy Director, Office of Security Programs
The leader will be responsible for assisting the Director in providing executive leadership and oversight for the Architect of the Capitol’s security infrastructure and operations to include resilience planning and continuity of operations, security policies and procedures, facilities management, and risk management in an all hazards environment.
**Engineers and Architects are welcome to apply**
At the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), we are proud to be ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Our employees are passionate about AOC’s mission to serve Congress and the Supreme Court, preserve America’s Capitol and inspire memorable experiences. AOC is a legislative branch agency, the recognized authority for the preservation, maintenance and construction of the world’s most iconic treasures and buildings on Capitol Hill. As a global destination for thousands of visitors every day, Capitol Hill intersects history, architecture and art with the birthplace of our nation’s laws.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional leader to become the Deputy Director, Office of Security Programs. The leader will be responsible for assisting the Director in providing executive leadership and oversight for the Architect of the Capitol’s security infrastructure and operations to include resilience planning and continuity of operations, security policies and procedures, facilities management, and risk management in an all hazards environment. Candidate must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Assist the Director of Security Programs with the management of the Office of Security Programs and all assigned personnel.
- Assist with Five-Year Strategic plan that includes a comprehensive mission statement covering the major operations of the AOC and OSP.
- Guide the development, implementation and management of AOC security policies and procedures.
- Continuously evaluate where operations and procedures need to be enhanced.
- Direct the management of the U.S. Capitol Police buildings and grounds in all jurisdictions, and other assigned facilities.
- Oversee the planning, construction and sustainment of security-related infrastructure across the Capitol complex.
- Provide leadership & supervision for the staff of the Office.
- Formulate and execute policies to provide management, sustainment and security of assigned Capitol Hill facilities which support the operations of US Congress.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Successful candidates must have strong leadership and facility operations experience. Must have experience managing budgets and workloads. Experience in security programs and/or infrastructure in a significant complex of buildings and grounds is required.
As a federal employee you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package to include medical and dental insurance, sick leave and vacation time including 10 paid holidays per year, thrift savings plan similar to a 401(k) plan, flexible work schedules, flexible spending account, group life insurance and professional development and training opportunities.