The SEED Foundation (www.seedfoundation.com) was created in 1997 to establish college-preparatory urban boarding schools that prepare children both academically and socially, for success in college and beyond. In 1998, the Foundation opened The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C. - the nation’s first urban public college preparatory boarding school. The school currently serves 325 students in grade 6-12. In 2015, 100% of SEED’s seniors were accepted to a four year college or university.
All SEED students live on campus from Sunday evening through Friday afternoon when they return home for the weekend. The dormitories are organized into small “houses” of 10-12 students per life skills counselor for afternoon and evening routines such as study hall, house meetings, and social activities. We provide a safe and caring 24 hour boarding experience. Our relationship with parents and guardians is essential to the success of their child while at SEED.
We are currently seeking a Dedicated Aide for Student Support Services for FY2016 – 2017 to support students with special needs throughout the school day by mailing the curriculum and daily activities accessible for the students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide individualized behavior and academic supports to improve student’s achievement of individual academic and behavioral Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Consistently implement behavioral and academic strategies outlined in the student’s IEP
- Assist the student to participate in lessons, assignments, projects and assessments
- Use information and data from a variety of sources to understand the student’s instructional needs and progress against IEP goals
- Support student with maintaining materials/supplies and/or with developing the necessary organizational skills needed for classes
- Implement the student’s Behavior Intervention Plan and/or Crisis Plan, if applicable
- Complete Behavior Intervention Plan forms for all class periods and lunch with the exception of ELA and math
- Support the student deescalate when in crisis
- Maintain records and documentation related to the student
- Communicate with the student’s team including parent/guardian regarding progress and goals
- Maintains confidentiality regarding the student
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Previous work experience in a school setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who is solution focused and goal oriented
- Patience, flexibility, and willingness to take risks
- Commitment to consistently reflecting on her/his own teaching practices
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and eagerness to learn
If you are interested in joining The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C., we would like to hear from you. To be considered, you must forward a complete package consisting of the following:
- Cover letter
- Salary History
Apply to submit packet.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience is available.
Position is open until filled
The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C. is committed to the letter and spirit of equality. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in hiring and employment, nor in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, and other programs.
Apply for DEDICATED AIDE
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly