Human Resources Assistant (Military)
7 days left
- Full Time
50% or less - Business travel may be required up to 30% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Applicants with current or prior permanent Federal service must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the second lower grade/level (GS-05). Specialized experience at the GS-05 level is defined as: Reviewing applications to determine eligibility, completing forms and maintaining the military record jackets and maintaining an automated Human Resource system to review applicant material. Specialized experience at the GS-06 level is defined as: 1) Experience with an in-depth knowledge of and skill in applying a standard body of military personnel duties, regulations, procedures and operations concerning the preparation of enrollment and contract documents to maintain and update military record jackets for ROTC cadets, and to perform military functions in support of unit military cadre. 2) Experience with the ROTC organization and functions of the Detachment sufficient to provide regulatory guidance and program eligibility information.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Technical Competence
- Written Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this position you may qualify if your education meets the definition below:
One full year of graduate education meets the requirements for GS-07. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge,skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. (Transcripts must be attached).
This education must have been obtained in an accredited business,secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
Have a combination of experience and education as described above which, when combined, is equivalent to 100% of the qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 50 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Employee is required to attend the Acculturation C3PO third week from entrance on duty at Fort Knox, KY.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.