Occasional travel - Up to 10% for examination support, training and conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualification requirements and submit all required supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. If you are found to be among the most highly qualified candidates you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
To qualify for the VH-38 (GS-12) level, you must have specialized experience equivalent to the next lower level, VH-37 (GS-11). The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience analyzing financial data to provide relative and relevant information;
- Experience using business intelligence tools to perform data analyses on financial datasets; and,
- Experience developing tables, charts, and commentary to report results.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the VH-38 (GS-12) grade level.
To qualify for the VH-39 (GS-13) level, you must have specialized experience equivalent to the next lower level, VH-38 (GS-12). The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience developing interactive templates, dashboards, and reports within business intelligence tools to analyze financial datasets;
- Experience leading data analysis projects; and,
- Experience providing training on business intelligence tools and related applications.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the VH-39 (GS-13) grade level.
This position includes a quality ranking factor: Experience with Microsoft Power BI and/or Cognos. You do not need experience with Microsoft Power BI and/or Cognos to be qualified for this position. If you have experience with Microsoft Power BI and/or Cognos, please be sure to document this in your resume to ensure you receive proper credit.
- All FCA employees are subject to the conflict of interest laws and Standards of Ethical Conduct imposed upon all employees of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government and may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Report.
- FCA’s supplemental ethics regulations restrict certain FCA employees concerning their direct or indirect interests in, or connections with, Farm Credit System institutions. These rules also require all employees to obtain approval for outside employment or business activities. Please contact the HR Office for additional information on these rules.
- FCA uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if identical openings in the same series, grade and organizational unit occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics relevant to the duties of this position:
- Data Analysis
- Data Mining
Your resume serves as the basis for the determination of your qualifications and should highlight relevant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this position. Your resume must include the following information:
- Paid and non-paid work experience including your position title, start and end dates (month/year) of employment, average number of hours worked per week and salary;
- Position series and grade for Federal positions;
- Indication of the knowledge, skills and education you have that are pertinent to this position;
- Specific duties you have performed as a regular part of your job with indications of the level of responsibility and complexity of work; and,
- Names and contact information for your current and/or previous supervisor(s).
You must provide the information specified above in your resume to be considered for this position. Your resume must include enough detail to permit a valid determination that you meet eligibility and specialized experience requirements for each grade for which you are applying. Take a look at this online video for ideas on how to communicate your qualifications.
If review of your resume and your responses to the self-assessment questions demonstrate that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, a score will be manually determined that reflects your documented experience. This may result in a lower score which may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating and Selection procedures. Eligible candidates will be placed in one of three predefined quality categories as described below:
Highly-Qualified Category: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well-Qualified Category: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate proficiency in some, but not all, of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position.
Under category rating procedures, veterans' preference points and the "rule of three" are not applied. Eligible veterans are placed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each predefined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) are listed in the Highly-Qualified category except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the VH-35 (GS-09) grade level or higher.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well-Qualified" (score of 85 or higher) for the position to receive priority consideration.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation