Project Manager II
7 days left
- Full Time
Project Manager II
Office of Enterprise Project Management
Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 3.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Project Manager II in the Office of Enterprise Project Management. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Project Management, the Project Manager II will perform project management, typically from initiation through delivery. Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that project scope and requirements are met. Ensures assigned projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Acts as a conduit/liaison/partner to the stakeholder community and sponsor(s) to provide business the information required to make project decisions.
Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage all aspects of multiple projects of medium complexity for the respective lines of business from inception/concept to delivery.
- Lead projects in a transparent and productive way, applying standard project management practice.
- Develop the project's key objectives, scope, success criteria, and communicate them effectively across the project team.
- Plan, schedule, and track project deliverables and milestones using Microsoft Project and other PMO-endorsed tools.
- Manage project issues and risks.
- Manage cross project dependencies as they relate to assigned projects.
- Ensure user acceptance testing.
- Communicate project expectations to team and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Manage project resources from other groups and/or 3rd parties in a matrix environment.
- Engage Procurement and Vendor Management as appropriate and in a timely manner to support project activities.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time/on budget and exceeding stakeholders' expectations.
- Communicate formally and informally through existing forums to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Lead project meetings with a cross functional team to communicate the status of various project activities, discuss issues/risks, and understand the impact of any changes to business requirements.
With assistance develop and enhance presentations to executive-level and project stakeholders, as needed.
Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Four or more (4+ ) years as a Project Manager with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- The Project Manager II must have experience independently managing the execution and integration of deliverables according to the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Additional required experience includes regularly creating project plans, building/resourcing project teams, and managing/monitoring adherence to the project plan.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication is required.
- Lastly, the Project Manager II must have a successful track record of meeting deadlines in an environment where competing priorities are the norm.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Advanced Degree, formalized project management training and certifications (CAPM or PMP), business analysis training and certifications, quality assurance training and certifications; Commercial work experience in any of the following environments: Business Process, Web-based applications, SAAS, ERP, CRM, Content Management Systems, Digital Asset Management Systems, Document Management System. Experience managing projects with a data analytics component.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.