Senior Java Developer
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Duration: 5 years. Contract awarded July 2017.
Clearance: Public Trust. Must be willing to pass company background check.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field
Eagle Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a candidate to provide web development for systems supporting the Head Start Enterprise System, Office of Head Start. The position requires familiarity with object-oriented design, front-end technologies, IT systems backup, and disaster recovery and Continuity of Operations (COOP). This full-time, salaried position entails assisting in understanding and evaluation of client-proposed requirements; implementing solutions using Java and several other tools; creating technical designs using J2EE design patterns; working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL; and functioning in a continuous integration environment.
Eagle needs an energetic, creative Java developer to support clients on an ongoing basis. The candidate must be proficient in developing and documenting technically sound solutions for customer requirements, and have evident, clear speaking and technical writing skills. He or she must display a strong desire for problem solving, and an ability to interact with the development team.
The applicant must be authorized to work in the United states without required visa sponsorship, both now and in the future.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience;
- 3-5 years of experience designing and developing in Java and/or UX/UI
- Recent graduates with demonstrable C++ and/or Java proficiency will be considered for entry level positions;
- Proficiency with Spring Framework, Maven, SVN, Subversion, and in writing Unix shell scripts;
- Hands-on background in XML, JSON, SXLT, XML Schema, JAX-WS, and JAX-RS;
- Utilizing Waterfall and Agile methodologies; and
- Working with Test Driven Development (JUnit, Jmockit, or Mockito).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering or architecture experience with commercial cloud services.
Qualified candidates must attach a resume, and a cover letter specifying expectations. Applications that are submitted without both requirements are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration.
Eagle Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.
Apply for Senior Java Developer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly