Teacher - Math
7 days left
- Full Time
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Provides for instruction of students by developing, selecting, and modifying instructional plans and materials and presenting them using instructional techniques which meet the needs of all students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of students. Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings and activities. Monitors and evaluates student performance. Develops and implements plans to improve student performance. Maintains required records and follows required procedures and practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Establishes clear goals and objectives related to the school improvement plan.
2. Plans and prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials.
3. Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, curriculum framework, and knowledge of human growth and development.
4. Prepares, administers and corrects evaluations and assessments, and records results.
5. Selects and uses appropriate instructional strategies including but not limited to lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
6. Evaluates student progress using appropriate assessment techniques.
7. Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilitates.
8. Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
9. Counsels pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise.
10. Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
11. May serve on special committees.
12. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, textbooks, materials and facilities.
13. Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, board policy and administrative regulation.
14. Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods.
15. Improves skill and knowledge base in current trends, research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, problem solving and interdisciplinary connections.
16. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional assistants, teacher assistants and volunteers.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of school organization, goals and objectives, curriculum, teaching techniques; current trends, research and materials of instruction in field of specialization.
· Capable of providing instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education.
· Ability to infuse technology into curriculum.
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse populations that include administrators, colleagues, central office and school board staff, students, parents and the community.
· Excellent organizational and human relation skills.
· Able to attend school meetings, programs and activities outside the instructional day as necessary.
· Skill in the development of outreach strategies to encourage parental involvement in student learning.
· Professional certification appropriate to area of assignment issued by the Maryland State Department of Education.
Career Ladder Requirements
· Ability to stand, sit, walk and climb stairs which allows for independent mobility throughout the school building/facility to include floor levels, hallways, stairs and playground areas. Able to stoop, bend and move heavy objects.
· Crisis intervention may require participating in physical restraints. Ability to observe student behavior, hear students and school public address/alarm systems and smell smoke or dangerous chemicals. Ability to demonstrate techniques necessary to instruct students in area of assignment.