Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Provide advice and legal support to the Human Resources department and business leaders across the company on a broad range of global employment law issues, including talent acquisition, immigration, employee relations, internal investigations, discipline, terminations, performance management, compensation and benefits, leaves of absence, accommodations, wage and hour issues, EEO compliance, and diversity programs.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Membership in good standing in a state bar.
- A minimum of three to five years of broad-based global employment law experience on complex/varied matters within a reputable national law firm and/or comparable in-house experience. Experience with employee benefits matters preferred.
- Superior knowledge of US federal and state employment laws and strong understanding of employee benefits laws.
- Ability to evaluate risk, demonstrated practical, solution-oriented approach to problem-solving, and ability to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear and concise recommendations.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills; demonstrated ability to create, plan and successfully execute projects; ability to meet multiple time-sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented attitude, and superior attention to detail. Ability to interface and communicate effectively and diplomatically with all levels of management.
- Partner with Human Resources to evaluate, develop and implement employment practices, policies, and procedures in compliance with employment laws and regulations worldwide.
- Draft and negotiate employment agreements, severance agreements, incentive pay plans, benefits documents and third party vendor agreements related to Human Resources functions.
- Support Human Resources with management of the company's health and welfare benefit programs, savings and retirement plans, and deferred compensation programs. Ensure plan documents are properly administered, maintained, and updated and compliant with applicable laws.
- Conduct internal investigations and manage employment-related disputes and litigation.
- Manage outside counsel on employment and benefits matters. Collaborate with local counsel to advise stakeholders on international employment and immigration issues.
- Respond to claims, demand letters, subpoenas, audits, and other employment-related inquiries.
- Provide oversight of mandatory compliance training for all employees, managers, and the Human Resources team.
- Handle other department responsibilities and compliance issues as directed by the Associate General Counsel or General Counsel.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an Asylee or Refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.