Asst Community Manager/Occupancy Coordinator, senior citizen HUD subsidized apartment building
The Assistant Manager/Occupancy Coordinator is primarily responsible for working with residents and potential residents in gathering information needed for certifications and certification renewal.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Send recertification notices to residents, interview for related information and prepare needed verifications to process recertifications.
- Send 50059s and certification backup to Corporate Occupancy Specialist for review/approval.
- Provide monthly work up for certifications required for the monthly HAP reports and send to Corporate Occupancy Specialist for review/approval.
- Maintain EIV master binder.
- Post cash receipts journal, maintain current tenant ledger files and make bank deposits.
- Maintain resident file system per community and/or HUD policy.
- Assist Community Manager in ensuring resident rent is calculate correctly.
- Participate in annual unit inspections and related tasks.
- Assist in preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. Attend staff meetings and training events.
- Knowledge of implementation and compliance requirements for federal and local laws, including low-income housing credits; Section 8 Project and Tenant Based Programs; Section 236 Interest Reduction; Americans with Disabilities Act; Federal Fair Housing Amendment Act; environmental and safety regulations, etc.
- Conduct self both at work and off duty in a manner that positively reflects the community’s image.
- High school diploma or GED; Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related property leasing experience desirable.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist training.
- Proficient in use of computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with on-line database systems such as YARDI is a plus.
- Accomplished interpersonal skills and capable of dealing effectively with managers, regional property managers and co-workers.
Must be able to pass extensive background screening and drug test.
No phone calls, please.