Position Announcement #118007 –
Vice President, Media Strategy Operations
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non-commercial high-quality programming and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. We encourage the development of programming that involves creative risks and that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, particularly children and minorities.
CPB is currently seeking to hire an Vice President, Media Strategy Operations (Level 99). Salary $120,000 – $140,000. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, System Development and Media Strategy.
Works with the SVP to develop departmental work-plans and manages plan execution to achieve departmental objectives. Provides leadership to Media Strategies and Media Technology staff to ensure projects align with approved strategies and units operate smoothly. Works internally and with other departments to build work processes that result in efficient and effective workflow. Facilitates collaboration and communication between department staff and other CPB units, as well with external parties. Prepares budgets and monitors department financial performance against budget. Represents CPB’s interests to national organizations and at national and regional meetings. Keeps SVP and other senior executives apprised of key issues in media and seeks to resolve problems and issues as they arise. Works with SVP to develop and execute CPB’s strategy for investing in digital media. Organizes system-wide strategic planning initiatives focused on digital media and the future of public media. Oversees the management and re-engineering of the Integrated Station Information System (ISIS) and station and system data collected in ISIS, including the station activities surveys (SABS/SAS).
• Works with SVP and CPB senior management to develop and execute CPB’s strategy for investing in digital media and station efficiencies. Identifies system needs and strives to meet those needs through directed projects and grants. Oversees system consultations and develops funding priorities that are consistent with CPB’s corporate Goals and Objectives. Actively seeks involvement of other departments in projects where appropriate. Ensures collaboration, cooperation, and effective communication between Media Stategies, Media Technology and other CPB units.
• Monitors all Media Strategies and Media Technology grant programs and supervises project management staff. Effectively manages staff to shepherd projects efficiently from initial proposal through contract negotiations to project completion.
• Evaluates the effect of digital media investments on the public television system and recommends improvements.
• Oversees management of ISIS, SABS and SAS, systemwide data and reporting, etc.
• Works with the SVP to develop departmental work-plans and manages plan execution to achieve departmental objectives. Ensures smooth operations of the unit. Works internally and with other departments to build work processes that result in efficient and effective workflow.
• Provides leadership to staff to ensure projects align with approved strategies. Establishes and maintains a “customer service” culture that provides an appropriately rapid response to internal and external queries from stations and other stakeholders.
• Develops and monitors budgets in conjunction with SVP and budget officers. Provides oversight for funds managed by the department, and ensures good fiscal practices that are in compliance with corporate policies and in alignment with CPB’s goals and objectives and those of the department.
• Keeps SVP and other senior executives apprised of key issues in media and seeks to resolve problems and issues as they arise.
• Represents CPB’s interests to national organizations and at national and regional meetings, as required. Establishes and maintains constructive working relationships with others throughout the public broadcasting system and related entities.
• Assists the Communications & Public Affairs department in managing CPB’s communications with the public television system relative to digital media. Prepares written announcements, RFPs and other communications with the public television system. Delivers addresses to industry groups and assists the SVP in preparing for industry appearances.
• Assists as needed in preparation for CPB Board meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as business mangement, communications, or a related field.
• Ten years of progressive experience in program management, policy development, or other substantial leadership role in an organization with national reach.
• Significant knowledge of digital media technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and policy and lead efforts to execute and implement.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff to achieve organizational objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a collaborative work environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, and, in particular, the ability to communicate effectively before large groups in a public setting.
• Some travel required.
• Advanced degree
• Experience in a public broadcasting station at a leadership level .
• Experience with national issues in public television through involvement in national or affinity organizations.
For more information about CPB, our programs, and our mission, please visit our website at www.cpb.org. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history to https://workforcenow.adp.com/myportal/ess/recruitment/internalPostingPreview.faces? client=corporatio&jobId=238249&lang=en_US&source=CC2
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a commitment to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or status with regard to public assistance.
Apply for Vice President
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly