MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Part Time
Hogan Lovells is a bold, distinctive and leading global law firm, providing business-oriented legal advice and high-quality service across its breadth of practices to clients around the world. Our growing, dynamic marketing and business development department is looking for the right candidate to serve as the Marketing and Business Development Manager – Corporate, and help to frame and drive the marketing strategy and support business development and internal and external profile raising initiatives. The Marketing and Business Development Manager will work closely with senior members of our global Marketing and Business Development team, Practice Group Leader, and Practice Area Leaders to ensure that the group’s marketing and business development initiatives support firm priorities and help drive the overall firm strategy.
The Marketing and Business Development Manager’s responsibilities fall into the following major areas of focus:
CLIENT AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- In conjunction with the CPG M&BD team, the pitch team and other M&BD colleagues as appropriate, helping to manage our responses to RFPs, customized pitches, and business development presentations, including shaping our strategy and approach to the pitch and the delivery of high quality proposal documents and presentations.
- Working with the CPG M&BD team on the creation and maintenance of compelling credentials and other off the shelf the materials to support client outreach efforts.
- Working with the CPG M&BD team to implement effective processes for deal identification, tagging and reporting. Ensuring that our deal lists are properly maintained and accurate.
- Encouraging full and effective use of the firm’s CRM database (InterAction), and ensuring that we have effective contact lists in place for communicating with clients in the relevant sectors.
- Delivering meaningful market, client and competitive intelligence, research and analysis as required to support the planning process and other M&BD initiatives.
PROFILE RISING AND MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
- Creating and implementing integrated campaigns to help raise our profile and awareness among our key target audiences, and generating opportunities to meet potential clients.
- Planning and managing the implementation of marketing communications programs in support of the wider M&BD plan, including client events, targeted seminar programs, client facing material production, website development, etc.
- Overseeing and coordinating the directory submission process for the practice in conjunction with other colleagues globally.
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of web and print marketing collateral, including credentials, practice and industry group descriptions, and biographies.
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE SHARING
- Working with the CPG M&BD team and partners to promote the Corporate Practice’s capabilities across the firm, through regular internal communications.
- Working with M&BD and partners to ensure that there is an efficient framework for internal reporting and communication of M&BD activities and successes, including the provision of information for wider management reporting.
- Ensuring there is a structured approach in place for gathering and maintaining up-to-date M&BD information and knowledge.
ADDITIONAL MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Managing and contributing to wider marketing and BD projects as required.
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- And other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of relevant experience preferred, preferably in a professional services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to think broadly and demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Pragmatic, diplomatic and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate staff and attorneys to carry out the firm’s marketing goals.
- Ability to contribute to the overall growth of our team by collaborating with colleagues and facilitating teamwork.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and an exacting attention to detail in all work product.
- Project and team management experience.
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Indesign knowledge a plus.
Core Hours are Thursday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. with flexibility to work additional hours if necessary.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.