The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy, the leading publications in the higher-education and nonprofit sectors, is in search of a Marketing Specialist to join our high-energy team.
The Marketing Specialist will be accountable for achieving campaign goal for our sponsorship clients. The specialist will execute marketing campaigns for clients of The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy to fulfill contracted results aligned with clients’ strategic goals.
This position is key to The Chronicle’s new business objectives and provides an opportunity to grow with us.
- Provide campaign development, project management, execution, and analytical support to all marketing campaigns in support of our institutional and corporate marketing product lines.
- Work closely with the product marketing, editorial, operations and creative services teams to conceptualize and execute compelling campaigns that deliver on business objectives.
- Coordinate the design and production schedules for multiple projects to ensure that marketing goals and objectives are met.
- Track performance of all campaign components including e-mails, landing pages, print ads, banner ads, social media efforts, and other assets, adjusting the campaign as necessary to meet goals.
- Report campaign results and progress status back regularly to stakeholders and team members.
- Backup email marketing specialist in the production of e-mail marketing campaigns, including the creation of emails and landing pages, pulling list segments, deployment of e-mails, and tracking.
- Proof materials for marketing department members as needed.
- Coordinate the production of effective sales enablement assets when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or equivalent field of study is preferred.
- 2-7 years of experience in a hands-on marketing role.
- Previous experience managing multiple marketing projects in a variety of mediums.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze campaign performance.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to be an independent contributor but work well within a matrixed marketing team.
- Excellent writing skills, especially able to write with a strong “voice”.
- Experience in the higher education or nonprofit sectors preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically up to five times per year.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Specialist” in the subject heading.