Online Community Manager (Coordinator)
Are you looking to join an outstanding mission-drive organization? Do you enjoy engaging others, analyzing trends, and collaborating on progressive topics that help support others who specialize in treating patients with radiation therapies?
ASTRO, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, is looking for an individual experienced in working with online communities and content management systems. Working under the direction of the Online Communications Director, the Online Community Coordinator will be responsible for driving engagement by ensuring active and engaged communities, monitoring online conversations, and participating in those conversations to enhance the Society’s digital communications presence. Additionally, the Coordinator will be responsible for publishing content across ASTRO’s multiple websites.
- Drive engagement through the online member community by maintaining ASTRO’s online private community, ROhub, by managing the administration and serving as the primary online member community strategist; includes providing input and spearheading best practice initiatives to grow member and staff engagement.
- Publishes content on ASTRO’s multiple websites. Includes checking content for grammar and formatting, building tables, selecting and resizing messages, etc.
- Manages the distribution of digital correspondences including converting print concepts into digital templates, laying out text and final distribution.
- Collaborates with Online Communications and IT staff to improve user experience for ASTRO’s websites.
- Assists with programming and development tasks for front end of ASTRO’s websites.
- Assists with creating content for the RTAnswers.org and ROInstitute.org content layout and designs. Includes researching other collateral that can enhance the website.
- Maintains the Intranet and coordinates updates and enhancements with staff.
- Coordinate with the Social Media Specialist to assist with ASTRO’s social media efforts, as needed.
- Provides basic in-house video and editing assistance.
- Provides technical and online support for press briefings.
- Special projects as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in relevant field. Familiarity with Kentico (CMS) and Aptify (AMS) a plus.
- Experience managing an online private community; Experience using social media sites for business purpose.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and Photoshop.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills. Familiarity with AP style.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite; basic knowledge of Adobe Creative suite
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with all levels of individuals in electronic, print and oral formats.
- Strong social media acumen.
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid
- 401K with immediate company contribution
- 23 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 12 paid holidays
- Employer subsidized commuter benefits
- Employer paid life, short- and long-term disability insurance
- and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO. Be sure to submit cover letter and resume through the ADP portal.
To apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=f5688abd-7893-4349-9948-f60b3bdf7a5d&ccId=1201151451_8078&type=MP&lang=en_US
We are an equal/affirmative action employer.