Director Grants Accounting
Director of Grants and Contracts Accounting - Sponsored Research. Reporting to Executive Director with oversight of all post-award operations, including account set-up, post-award review, monitoring cost transfers, reporting, final billing, PMS-272 oversight, A-133 Audit, account closeout and review and resolution of audit concerns.
- Provide analysis and financial reporting of varying funding agencies
- Train, direct and mentor supervisors and staff in post award administration, financial reporting, billing, collection and cash application, financial analysis, and reconciliation activities
- Oversee the preparation and negotiation of F&A rate proposal, fringe-rate proposal and development survey
- Work with Staff on development and delivery of training and compliance testing
- Work with financial management to develop and improve electronic financial systems for externally funded projects
- Ensure timely financial reporting: ensure submission of F&A proposal and the Fringe and patient care rate: manager the A-133 audit
- Recommend allocation and reallocation of budget resources to support long-term plan
- Manage grants and maintain grants receivable: ensure the collection of Cash
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related fields. MBA and CPA preferred
- At least 8 – 10 years’ experience in Grants and Contracts Accounting
- Proficiency with A-133 audit and federal regulations
- Excellent Project Management (Accounting), Analytical and planning skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Facility in MS Office including Advanced Excel
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated persuasive presentation skills and political acumen in communication and interpreting post-award policies and procedures
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!