PATHWAYS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM - Student Trainee (Computer Scientist)
Not required - The job does not require any travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To view the complete qualification standard, applicants should reference - U.S. Office of Personnel Management the Individual Occupational Requirements for All Computer Science Positions, 1550.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
This position has a positive education requirement. YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATION. If you cannot upload your transcripts to your application, please fax a copy 6to 609-485-8995 to the attention of Monique Heriegel and reference the announcement number on the FAX. IF SELECTED, OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT. If you do not have an official transcript (original with a raised seal) you should request it today. Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation may be verified at the following website:
To qualify for the FV-C, completion of 1 full academic year of post -high school study.
This position has a positive education requirement: Applicants must submit a copy of their college or university transcripts(s) and certificates by the closing date of announcement to verify qualifications. If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment. You may upload these documents with your application in USAJOBS or fax it to fax number provided in the announcement (please include announcement number on each page).
Failure to do so will result in loss of consideration.
Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation may be verified at the following website: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated by a private professional organization specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials or an accredited U.S. educational institution in terms of equivalence to a degree acquired at an American college or university. A copy of the evaluation results must be included, otherwise your foreign education will not be considered.
YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATION. If you cannot upload your transcripts to your application, please fax a copy to the attention of Monique Heriegel and reference the announcement number on the FAX. IF SELECTED, OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT. If you do not have an official transcript (original with a raised seal) you should request it today. Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation may be verified at the following website:
www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.htmlPreview Job Questionnaire Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. The ideal candidate will be in a program with a graduation date of May 2019 or later so as to meet the minimum 640 hours of career-related work should the hiring manager decide to convert you to a permanent excepted service position.
2. Resume - You are encouraged to use the USAJobs online resume builder to ensure that all required information is in your resume. If you use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that include beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience, hours worked per week, month and year of employment for each job title listed.
3. All, some or none of the applicants may be interviewed.
4. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all external announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this external announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA. In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA in your work history, please include work history that describes how you meet the answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
5. Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or priority grouping and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
6. Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered for the job.
7. TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED. If you do not submit your transcripts, your application will be incomplete and will not be given further consideration. If you cannot upload them, please fax to the attention of Monique Heriegel
8 Housing is the responsibility of the applicant.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.