Staff Fellow Molecular Biologist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE RG-0401-00 EQUIVALENT TO THE GS-09 AND GS-11:
Have a degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Have a combination of education and experience which includes courses equivalent to a major, as shown above, plus appropriate experience of additional education.
Additional Qualification Requirements for the Staff Fellow Molecular Biologist, RG-0401-00 (equivalent to the GS-09):
Have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level that includes conducting biological studies on companion animal derived adult stem cells, performing Flow Cytometry analysis, and assisting in monitoring research activities to ensure compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP). This experience must be reflected in your resume. Volunteer experience can be used as qualifying experience.
OR have 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree.
Additional Qualification Requirements for the Staff Fellow Molecular Biologist, RG-0401-00 (equivalent to the GS-11):
Have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level that includes conducting biological studies on companion animal derived adult stem cells, performing Flow Cytometry analysis, and assisting in monitoring research activities to ensure compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP). This experience must be reflected in your resume. Volunteer experience can be used as qualifying experience.
OR have 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit the U.S. Department of Education website for Foreign Education Evaluation.
Additional Conditions of Employment:
- Security and Background Requirements: This position requires a Secret Security Clearance. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication of a Secret Clearance. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualification is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal.
- E-Verify: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant. If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system.
- Financial disclosure statement may be required. FDA inspires public confidence by maintaining high ethical principles, and all Federal Government employees are subject to the conflict of interest statutes and regulations, including the Standards of Ethical Conduct, that govern activities with outside organizations and reporting financial holdings. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to strict restrictions on financial holdings (FDA regulated financial holdings). The Ethics in Government Act, PL 95-521 also requires the applicant selected for this position to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-278, prior to assuming this position, annually, and upon termination of employment. To determine how this position is affected, applicants are advised to seek additional information during the interview process from the Ethics and Integrity Staff, Division Management Programs at (301) 796-8435 prior to accepting such a position.
- Prohibited financial interests restrictions apply: Employees designated as public or confidential filers, and their spouse or minor children, may not hold financial interests in FDA significantly regulated organizations.
- Outside activity restrictions apply: Requests for approval of outside activities may be required prior to participation n certain outside activities and outside employment. Employees designated public or confidential filers may not have outside activity, unpaid or paid, with FDA significantly regulated organizations.
- Relocation and travel expense reimbursement: NO
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: moving expenses, recruitment or relocation incentive; student loan repayment, superior qualifications appointment, creditable service for annual leave for prior non-federal work experience or prior uniformed military service, etc.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 05/31/2018.
Qualification determinations will be based on the information provided in your application and the requirements of the position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Structured interviews; applicants may be asked scenario-based interview questions concerning core competencies.
Method/tools used to evaluate applicants: work samples, conducting a presentation, reference checks, tests may be used.
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click this link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10196369