Associate Director, MBA Career Center - McDonough School of Business
Associate Director, MBA Career Center - McDonough School of Business
Located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations, Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business (MSB) develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today's international business environment.
The Associate Director of the MBA Career Center is a key member of the Career Management team responsible for developing career management strategies and counseling students on their careers. S/he manages employer relationships and assists with the design of engagement strategies for a group of employers within specified Career Center Industry Segments. The Associate Director contributes career advice and industry expertise to the development and delivery of value-added, client-focused career management services for the 550 full-time MBA students and 380 evening MBA students. Reporting to a Director or Assistant Dean, and providing leadership and support to his/her Industry Team members, the Associate Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
Student Relations & Coaching
- Coaches, advises, and trains students to develop a career vision and strategy.
- Guides and monitors the execution of the career tactics that support the student's career goals via both individual coaching and group training workshops and other events.
- Provides coaching for students who have not yet determined an industry/function for their career path and assists them will selecting a career direction.
- Partners with key stakeholders, including students, student organizations, alumni, faculty, MSB advisory board, and the Career Center & MBA teams; and leverages the key relationships in support of employer outreach and student development.
- Collaborates with other MBA areas, such as admissions, student services, and alumni services.
Employer Relations & Recruiting
- Leads the development and execution of innovative marketing strategies that will strengthen, sustain, and/or broaden relationships with employers.
- Acquires new employer relationships and looks for opportunities to increase employment opportunities in international locations.
- Assists the employer with campus outreach to students, including company branding, interviews, internship, and direct hire placement.
- Carries responsibility for increasing funding from corporate affiliates, delivering training, organizing employer events, and contributing to the career management program development.
- Represents and promotes Georgetown at external events, career fairs, and professional conferences such as NBMBAA, NSHMBA, Reaching Out, and Net Impact.
- Ensures timely and accurate dissemination of information to employers, students and other career management constituents; hosts employer lunches and company events; and reviews the recruiting process to ensure that the best quality of service is provided to employers and students.
Leadership & Strategy
- Serves as team leader for an industry team, comprised of the Associate Director, Assistant Director (as required) and Peer Advisors, who serve collectively as the industry experts providing career management and recruiting guidance to students and employers, respectively.
- Develops a value-added, career management delivery strategy that ensures that all services are value- added and client-focused for the employers and the full-time students, evening, and executive education MBA students.
- Assists with the leadership, coaching, and development of the Industry Team members.
- Assesses the trends, feedback, surveys, and other data to determine which industries and functions with which GU should be aligned, thereby establishing or expanding employer relationships that will support the students' career goals.
Surveys, Administration, & Programming
- Partners with Career Center Development & Support to ensure the integrity, accuracy and timelines of data entered into and retrieved from the Career Management technology resources such as GMCC, CareerBeam, and MBA Focus; and manages a portion of the budget.
- Establishes, tracks, and reports on key metrics that will measure the effectiveness of the services provided by the team.
- Supports the design of career management events/activities that support employer and student goals.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Higher Education, Human Resources (same concentration for his/her Bachelor's degree)
- 5+ years in very polished, demanding corporate environment - preference for experience and or strong knowledge of higher education
- Experience within MBA recruiting process and management experience in a Human Resources environment
- Extremely strong interpersonal communication abilities and strong team orientation
- Proven experience handling corporate and/university relationships
- Proven leadership capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-task environment with tight deadlines
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff on professional development and career skills
- Strategic, innovative approach with a focus on holistic, systemic solutions.
- Strong coaching/advising skills
- Experienced in conducting consulting case interviews.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and deliver results by working with others
- Significant experience/expertise in the Consumer Goods/Retail or Healthcare industry and functional experience in Corporate/Brand/Digital Marketing
- Recruiting experience as a hiring manager or recruiting/HR professional
- Strong attention to detail, high productivity, and a results-oriented work ethic
- Passion for relationship building and people development, encouraging others to think strategically and to take action
- Highly organized and creative
- High level of flexibility and innovation
- Preference for strong knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel, PPT), and an understanding of general recruiting databases and budgeting experience
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.