Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Retention Coordinator, College of Education and Human Development
The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development, Office of Student and Academic Affairs (SAA), invites applications for a full-time Retention Coordinator who will engage in student success advising and develop, implement, and assess retention programming for the College. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment. Located just a short distance from Washington, D.C., Masonâ€™s College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) is a dynamic academic unit committed to innovation and excellence in its research and teaching activities. The College offers a wide-range of academic programs through its Graduate School of Education and School of Recreation, Health and Tourism. For a full description of the Collegeâ€™s diverse program offerings see http://cehd.gmu.edu/.
The Retention Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Student Success, will be responsible for performing the following functions:
- Developing, implementing, and assessing student success and retention campaigns, including, but not limited to: re-enrollment, incomplete grades, midterm grades, academic standing, and returning from suspension or dismissal;
- Executing proactive advising, programming, and initiatives for special populations of undergraduate and graduate students;
- Preparing and monitoring intervention plans for students experiencing academic difficulty;
- Promoting participation in high-impact retention initiatives, such as new student orientation, research opportunities, living learning communities, student engagement activities, first year seminars, and internships;
- Monitoring reporting systems for Early Alert to students attendance, performance, and academic progress risk and facilitating appropriate outreach;
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting student retention, attrition, persistence, learning, and satisfaction data, and comparing such data to internal benchmarks and University/peer institution data to identify trends and potential solutions. Required Qualifications:
- Masterâ€™s degree in higher education administration, counseling, or a similar field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience);
- Professional academic advising, coaching, or counseling experience in an educational setting;
- Broad knowledge of current issues in higher education including up-to-date knowledge of retention strategies;
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience with data analysis, reporting, and use of data in decision making;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience developing and implementing retention initiatives and campaigns;
- Experience evaluating advising and retention programming; and
- Familiarity with Student Information Systems and Advising Software (e.g., Ellucian Banner, DegreeWorks, Student Success Collaborative).
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00875z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :