Technical Lead Software Test Engineer
Sparks Group is partnered with an organization specialized in Quality Assurance supporting many different federal agencies. We are seeking a Lead Software Test Engineer to work on an exciting mission-critical large scale federal program.
• Has expertise in measuring, analyzing, and optimizing the different types of testing of web and mobile applications. You will work with architects and developers on large-scale, enterprise-level performance test projects.
• Has tested systems in cloud, on-prem and hybrid environments.
• Understands web application and browser concepts (HTTP, connections, cookies, caching, streaming, etc.).
• Knows how to analyze test requirements, translate into detailed test cases, and create your own test scripts.
• Can handle test data in various formats (JSON, XML, CSV, etc.) and you understand data storage, encoding, encryption, data transformation, and related concepts.
• Experience leading and managing large test teams.
• Knowledge of Performance, Interface, Functional testing.
• Familiar with APM tools and can explain what metrics they provide and what they mean.
• Hands on knowledge with different databases, queries and data validation methods & techniques.
• Strong knowledge of test planning methods, strategy, tools and test environments.
• Knowledge of test requirements engineering methods.
• Ability to break down the problem into its constituent parts to help the team better understand the issues.
• 10+ years of professional work experience
• Hands-on experience using test tools to develop test strategies, plans, analyze testing metrics, troubleshoot errors/failures/bottlenecks, and prepare test status dashboards and reports,
• Deep knowledge of how web applications work over HTTP protocol,
• Minimum 7 years of experience leading and managing the test team
• Minimum 5 years SQL experience and an ability to write intermediate to complex SQL code,
• At least 5 years of experience on AWS and cloud services,
• Hands-on experience with test tools like HP ALM
• Experience with diagnostics tools to identify root cause like HP diagnostics
• Experience in both Windows and UNIX environments
• At least 5 years of experience with Relational Databases & SQL Query tools
• Knowledge of Automation Tools (Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber)
• Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
• Excellent communication and customer facing skills
• Strong management skills, ability to distribute, track and monitor the tasks activities, and mentor/support team as needed
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!