Technical Lead Software Test Engineer
Sparks Group is partnered with an organization specialized in Quality Assurance supporting many different federal agencies. We are seeking a Lead Software Test Engineer to work on an exciting mission-critical large scale federal program.
• Has expertise in measuring, analyzing, and optimizing the different types of testing of web and mobile applications. You will work with architects and developers on large-scale, enterprise-level performance test projects.
• Has tested systems in cloud, on-prem and hybrid environments.
• Understands web application and browser concepts (HTTP, connections, cookies, caching, streaming, etc.).
• Knows how to analyze test requirements, translate into detailed test cases, and create your own test scripts.
• Can handle test data in various formats (JSON, XML, CSV, etc.) and you understand data storage, encoding, encryption, data transformation, and related concepts.
• Experience leading and managing large test teams.
• Knowledge of Performance, Interface, Functional testing.
• Familiar with APM tools and can explain what metrics they provide and what they mean.
• Hands on knowledge with different databases, queries and data validation methods & techniques.
• Strong knowledge of test planning methods, strategy, tools and test environments.
• Knowledge of test requirements engineering methods.
• Ability to break down the problem into its constituent parts to help the team better understand the issues.
• 10+ years of professional work experience
• Hands-on experience using test tools to develop test strategies, plans, analyze testing metrics, troubleshoot errors/failures/bottlenecks, and prepare test status dashboards and reports,
• Deep knowledge of how web applications work over HTTP protocol,
• Minimum 7 years of experience leading and managing the test team
• Minimum 5 years SQL experience and an ability to write intermediate to complex SQL code,
• At least 5 years of experience on AWS and cloud services,
• Hands-on experience with test tools like HP ALM
• Experience with diagnostics tools to identify root cause like HP diagnostics
• Experience in both Windows and UNIX environments
• At least 5 years of experience with Relational Databases & SQL Query tools
• Knowledge of Automation Tools (Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber)
• Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
• Excellent communication and customer facing skills
• Strong management skills, ability to distribute, track and monitor the tasks activities, and mentor/support team as needed
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Technical Lead Software Test Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly