The American Psychological Association (APA) is looking for a Senior Recruiter to work with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to deliver full life-cycle recruiting. Using creative sourcing methods, the Senior Recruiter will ensure the APA hires high quality, committed, and diverse talent to support the mission of APA to advance psychology to benefit society and improve people’s lives.
- Partners with the Human Resources Business Partners (BPs) and hiring managers regarding staffing needs. Coaches hiring managers on the use of UltiPro (HRIS) to navigate hiring process, when requested.
- Uses traditional sourcing methods such as career fairs, online job fairs, and community network events to identify and attract quality candidates. Also uses creative sourcing methods such as internal staff networking, social media, networking with passive candidates, and event recruitment at colleges and universities.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates, oversees reference checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers approved employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt job openings.
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/local laws and regulations, including EEO compliance.
- In coordination with hiring managers, tracks applicant activity in UltiPro applicant tracking system to ensure proper disposition codes are used and ensures the system is updated before closing recruitment.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals. Maintains relationships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Serves as an in-house resource and offer advice on recruiting matters to HR staff and hiring managers.
- In coordination with other HR staff, including BPs, develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility of APA jobs to potential candidates. Maintains employee referral program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in psychology or management with some course work in human resources area.
- Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), or SPHR/PHR credential preferred
- Minimum of five-years of relevant recruiting experience required
- Experience recruiting for non-profit organizations preferred
- Experience recruiting for technical jobs preferred
- HRIS/ATS experience required; knowledge of UltiPro preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office applications required
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system [bit.ly] and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.