Director, Budget Planning and Analysis
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Director, Budget Planning and Analysis
The George Mason University Office of Budget and Planning is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to serve as a Director, Budget Planning and Analysis. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position will have a leadership role in the Office of Budget and Planning and will report to the Assistant Vice President and Chief Budget Officer. The position supports the planning, analysis and the development of policies and procedures for institutional budgets and planning function. This position supports the work of colleagues within the Office of Budget and Planning and participates in the updating, planning and forecasting of the universitys all funds incentive based budget model.
- Work collaboratively with departments, provide guidance in the internal and external coordination of the university budget, long range budget planning, policy development, interpretation and implementation;
- Direct the preparation and analysis of a wide variety of financial planning analysis and present the implications of these analyses to appropriate parties. Such analysis would include all funds planning for all of the colleges and administrative unites;
- Prepare management analysis to inform decision making;
- Research and develop models for use in financial planning and resource allocations;
- Communicate concisely and effectively with university departments and executive management;
- Develop and submit required reports and analyses to Commonwealth of Virginia offices;
- Demonstrating continuous effort to improve planning tools and analyses;
- Direct supervision of classified staff while monitoring, evaluating, training, and developing professional staff to achieve the goals of the Office of Budget and Planning as well as university goals and objectives;
- Represent the Assistant Vice President and Chief Budget Officer on campus and/or university committees as requested;
- Represent the Office of Budget and Planning on standing and ad-hoc committees as requested;
- Adherence to all Commonwealth of Virginia statutory requirements and generally accepted procedures and methodologies governing public university budget development, monitoring and reporting; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President and Chief Budget Officer.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Statistics or similar field with substantial progressive financial management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and significant specialized director level experience;
- Advanced knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of fund accounting, financial management, and budgeting;
- Demonstrated leadership skills in planning, budgeting, organizing, and supervision in a higher education setting;
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively and exercise a high-degree of diplomacy, discretion and collaboration in dealing with constituencies at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to define, analyze and formulate alternative solutions to complex budget issues; and
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience with Banner highly preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :