Principal Commercialization Manager, Broadband Capacity
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This role focuses on the commercialization of products for Broadband space capacity segment customers. The role will partner with Sales and Strategy to ensure product alignment with market needs, customer business models, and eco-system partners. The role will ensure that products are aligned with market and customer requirements, using the most appropriate assets both in orbit and on the ground.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- A business or STEM degree from an accredited university with at least five (5) years of experience related to sales and marketing within the telecommunications or satellite communications industries. (An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the stated minimum education and experience requirements).
- Expertise within the Broadband industry
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% both domestically and internationally to meet business needs
- Effective English language skills both written and verbal, expertise in an additional language is a plus
- Possess technical proficiency with MS Office Suite and other tools and software
- Strong project/program management skills
- Ability and willingnsess to work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Proven ability manage relationships cross functionally and have the skill to influence stakeholders
- Resourceful, analytical, with well-developed organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills
- Act as the lead and subject matter expert for the Broadband space capacity market
- Contribute to the market segmentation and asset positioning by region and vertical market
- Support market acquisition campaigns by region and vertical market
- Work in collaboration with product managers and product marketing to:
- Develop ecosystem partnerships
- Identify, create and implement sales tools and resources including market and industry analysis, templates, and reports
- Provide feedback on customer requirements for next generation products
- Identify opportunities for participation and attendance at relevant industry/trade shows, demonstrations and proof of concept trials
- Serve as an internal and external advocate for the Broadband space capacity market
- Provide support to the sales team on Broadband opportunities, bundling equipment, services and satellite capacity
- Work closely with sales, strategy, customers, eco-system and channel partners to ensure product alignment with market needs, business models, and eco-system and channel partners
- Provide sales support to help align products with market & customer requirements
- Contribute to the definition of distribution strategy
- Participate in organization-sponsored events and campaigns
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.