The EMMES Corporation, established in 1977, is a privately-owned Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We offer statistical support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation. Emmes is seeking two CRA Managers
The CRA Manager in collaboration with project teams is responsible for planning, monitoring and coordinating clinical research studies at external study sites. As part of these activities, the CRA Manager will review site visit reports from CRAs for which they are assigned. This position may be home or office-based in any Emmes location. Travel is not expected to be more than 25%.
- Coordinates all monitoring aspects in the execution and support of clinical trial activities
- Supervises and ensures CRA team members are compliant with SOPs, sponsor and regulatory agency expectations for site monitoring activities
- Participates on internal, site and sponsor teleconferences and meetings to address monitoring activities outlined in statements of work
- Critically reviews study protocols, study documents, monitoring reports and Sponsor required plans for communication, monitoring and other required plans
- Implements full scope and risk-based monitoring programs
- Develops and implements tracking systems for key monitoring activities and evaluates defined milestones for these activities
- Conducts co-monitoring activities (qualification, selection, interim and close out visits) as required
- Participates as a team leader in project planning, implementation, problem solving, tracking milestones and deliverables
- Liaises with the Sponsor and the study team
- Assists in the development of key monitoring deliverables such as clinical monitoring plans and report templates
- Helps to identify, train, and mentor new CRAs and monitoring staff
- Participates in corporate initiatives as requested
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a background in clinical research, public health, biological sciences, or other related fields
Minimum of 4 years of monitoring experience in clinical trials
Proven supervisory skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to independently plan, lead and summarize conference calls or meetings with project staff, clinical staff, vendors and sponsor representatives
Prior experience in any of the areas of ophthalmology, transplantation, neurology, vaccine and infectious diseases, cancer, maternal/child health and substance abuse preferred
ACRP CCRA or equivalent certification preferred
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.