Cyber Defense Analyst
A Sparks Group Partner is looking to hire a Cyber Defense Analyst for a Federal Client in Maryland for a long-term and recently awarded project. Are you a Cyber Security professional who is passionate about hunting APTs? Would you be interested in joining a team of cyber security pros who are experts at their craft? Do you have blue team or red team experience at a Federal Agency? Do you have expertise with network analysis, PCAP and SIEM? If yes, this could be a great opportunity for you!
As a Cyber Defense Analyst you will be responsible for reviewing the network flow, PCAP, logs, and sensors and for evidence of cyber-attack patterns, and hunt for Advance Persistent Threats.
- Actively hunt for threats in network and on host
- Leverage network flow, PCAP, logs and sensors
- Find evidence of attack, and attackers actions
- Work with team to produce effective countermeasures
- Contribute to mitigations for future attacks of a similar nature
- Follow Security Operations Center policies, procedures for incident reporting and management
- Create a detailed Incident Reports and contribute to lessons learned for continuous improvement
- Monitor open source and commercial threat intelligence for IOCs, new vulnerabilities, software weaknesses, and other potential threats
- Conduct forensic testing and operational hardening of multiple OS platforms
- Analyze network perimeter data, flow, packet filtering, proxy firewalls, and IPS/IDS to create and implement a concrete plan of action to harden the defensive posture
- Provide detailed input to watchlog and provide thorough pass-down
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Cyber Defense Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly