Field Representative, Area 7 (WV, Western VA, Part of MD)
SUMMARY: Acts as representative for the National Rifle Association on an area level to NRA members, volunteers, clubs and associations. Manages fund-raising efforts, promotes membership development programs and promotes NRA programs and services.
1. Implements fund-raising for The NRA Foundation through organizing volunteer committees and coordinating Friends of NRA banquets and special events.
2. Coordinates the solicitation and distribution of applications for Friends of NRA State Fund grants and serves as secretary for the State Fund Committee. Insures compliance with all of the conditions of allocation for all The NRA Foundation grants.
3. Solicits gifts and donations to The NRA Foundation endowments, ensuring follow-up and donor recognition.
4. Establishes a network of volunteers by identifying and recruiting select NRA activists as Field Support Team members. Trains Field Support Team members, Friends of NRA committee members and other volunteers by conducting an annual workshop as well as other training as needed. Coordinates the efforts of all volunteers to ensure accomplishment of area goals and objectives.
5. Ensures NRA presence at all major gun shows, sports shows and related exhibits/events by coordinating the efforts of Field Support Team members and other volunteers.
6. Promotes NRA membership recruitment programs and services by networking with the state associations, NRA affiliated clubs and retail dealers; promotes and recruits Business Alliance memberships, actively seeks out and recruits shooting sports clubs as NRA affiliated clubs.
7. Serves as a clearing house for the numerous requests for information regarding NRA membership services and programs.
8. Prepares and submits in a timely manner all reports including; Weekly Reports, Call Reports, Time Cards, Friends of NRA financial reports, State Fund Committee reports, Expense Reports and others as may be required.
9. Promote shooting sports programs to encourage the participation of the American public by guiding established shooting clubs and other organizations in the implementation of shooting sports programs especially directed at youth and women.
10. In concert with the Senior Field Representative and Regional Director, establishes annual goals and objectives for the respective area.
11. Ensures efficient accomplishment of all assigned tasks within the budget parameters established for the area.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
High visibility with NRA membership, volunteers, activists, members of the NRA Board of Directors, NRA staff and the media. Responsible for large sums of money on a regular basis and the care and maintenance of NRA equipment. Position requires frequent driving and extended work, including weekends and evenings. Position functions with minimal day-to-day supervision. Position requires frequent lifting and carrying of materials and product up to 40 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Previous experience and exposure to fund-raising, volunteer recruitment and management is required. Other useful skills include, but are not limited to, public speaking, working knowledge of computers and experience in sales and marketing. Organizational and time management skills are required. Valid driver’s license with no restrictions required.