Program Manager *MSP*
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 Nights Per Month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (SENIOR MANAGER): You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. Specialized experiencefor this position is 1 year of substantive supervisory, leadership or program management experience equivalent to the GS-13 or GS-14 level. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, sufficient to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space, and to accomplish program objectives through combined technical and administrative oversight;
- Ability to plan, direct, and evaluate work of subordinate managers, employees, and/or others;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of appropriate operations, policies, applicable laws, regulations, rules, practices and procedures specific to and/or directly related to the position being filled.
- Knowledge of administrative, employment, budget and fiscal methods used in establishing and maintaining an organization.
-The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
-We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We may offer opportunities for telework.
- A 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- May be required to File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Applicants determined tentatively eligible/qualified by the system will be prompted to complete the Technical Competency Narrative Questions. Technical Competencies for this position are: 1) Federal Personnel Laws and Regulations 2) Human Resources Management 3) Oral and Written Communication.
Your application will be evaluated on the leadership and technical competencies of the position to be filled. Technical Competencies for this position are: Federal Personnel Laws and Regulations; Human Resources Management; Oral and Written Communication.
Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions related to this position.
Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). You will bereimbursed for costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a rating of Category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.