IT Specialist (INFOSEC) (Direct Hire)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Creative Thinking
- Information Systems/Network Security
- Oral Communication
- Project Management
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the Basic Requirements and Specialized Experience requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Information Technology-related experience demonstrated in each of the following competencies:
1. Attention to Detail: Identified and prepared recommendations for changes and methods regarding information technology systems in order to monitor and evaluate system compliance with security requirements.
2. Customer Service: Established and maintained ongoing working relationships with information technology management, peers, internal or external stakeholders, and/or customers and clients in providing advice and guidance on information technology security incidents, alerts, and violations; remained courteous when discussing highly sensitive or controversial information; effectively handled situations involving a high degree of tension or discomfort.
3. Oral Communication: Communicated, explained, and presented technical reports and/or briefings in a variety of settings and to multiple audiences regarding information security practices/services and/or principles.
4. Problem Solving: Used logic to identify alternatives to solve complex or sensitive technological problems; anticipated problems and identified and evaluated potential sources of information generating alternatives to solve problems where precedents do not exist.
In addition to the Basic Requirements you must possess the following Minimum Qualifications:
At the GS-13 level Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is experience that demonstrates accomplishments of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position, for example: providing guidance on cybersecurity programs, developing long-term plans for IT security systems, identifying potential cybersecurity problems, working with vendors and contractors to purchase secure hardware/software, and to communicate complex cybersecurity information to non-technical staff.
A college degree (BA/BS or beyond) relevant to cybersecurity (e.g. computer science, information security, information science, library and information science) is preferred.
1. If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
3. You can apply for a non-competitive appointment if you meet the basic eligibility requirements and you are eligible for special appointment such as those authorized for the severely disabled; certain Vietnam era and disabled veterans; returned volunteers from the Peace Corps or Vista, etc. Please indicate the type of special appointment you are seeking, if any, on your application and follow all other instructions for applying shown in this announcement.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
5. This position may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of three pre-defined categories:
- Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
- Better Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
- Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable