A growing, mission-driven manufacturer in Chantilly, VA is partnering with Sparks Group to find an experienced and motivated Logistics Manager to oversee the staff and logistics of their expanding warehouse and production facility. If you're looking for an exciting Direct Hire opportunity that will utilize your experience in shipping logistics, quality assurance, and inventory control, apply now or call 703-620-6444!
- Manage full-cycle assembly and shipping functions to include:
- Staging materials
- Conducting quality assurance checks on packaging
- Corresponding with shipping partners
- Ensuring the timely and accurate entry of shipping data in accordance with workflows
- Coordinate the logistics of and manage quality assurance for receiving, inventory control and storage of all products and materials, to include:
- Managing safety data sheets for chemicals, pharmacy license, bill of materials, and safety manual
- Ensuring proper staging of received materials for timely and efficient counting and inspection
- Partnering with Accounting team to resolve any discrepancies with invoices, packing slips, and/or receiver reports
- Partnering with Operations and Leadership teams to maintain proper inventory levels and perform accident investigations when necessary
- Reviewing international and hazardous materials orders to ensure correct shipment
- Hire and train warehouse associates on an ongoing basis by providing regular feedback on performance and ensuring their adherence to performance measures outlined by leadership
- At least 1 year of experience managing warehouse and production staff
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a large warehouse facility
- Active Forklift Certification strongly preferred
- Ability to work with computers and inventory management systems
- Previous experience communicating effectively with diverse cultures and all levels of staff and management
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift at least 50 lbs.
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!