Director, Client Membership
Join a dynamic team of professionals, as a Director, Client Membership at The Association of Community Cancer Centers, (c ) Management, Inc.'s largest client. The Director of Client Membership will develop and implement comprehensive, targeted, data-driven strategies to achieve membership growth and drive member engagement for the Association of Community Cancer Centers and 19 state oncology societies. The Director will provide strategic direction regarding membership category structure, targeted benefits, and policies related to the retention of current members and acquisition of new members. The Director will work to increase outreach, oversee the consist tracking of member and prospective member interest and involvement, ensure data integrity, and oversee all strategies and processes for recruitment and retention. This will include developing an understanding of member needs and the changing healthcare environment to enable (c) Management’s clients to successfully achieve their mission and purpose. The Director will oversee the membership budget development and ensure that membership revenue meets or exceeds budget.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Communications and Marketing and duties and responsibilities include:
- The Director, Client Membership will supervise the Assistant Manager, Client Membership;Associate Manager, Member Engagement and Data Integrity; and the Membership and Database Coordinator.
- Establish membership strategies/goals; initiate, plan, and execute membership campaigns for each client; develop targeted promotional efforts and materials in collaboration with the Communications & Marketing Department.
- Assess and analyze the performance of existing membership products, services, and benefits for each client and make recommendations for product enhancements designed to provide increased value to members and industry professionals.
- Educate members and prospects on the value of membership through articulation of the benefits and opportunities available to members.
- Participate in internal needs assessment to determine database needs and in efforts to identify vendor for new CRM.
- Develop and implement processes for membership application and renewal processes, including dues billing, payment processing, and maintaining database integrity.
- Analyze membership potential for each client and ensure continuous efforts to identify and connect with prospects.
- Collaborate with Communications and Marketing to develop messaging, positioning, and value propositions for all membership segments.
- Create annual membership budgets, and monitor revenue and costs to meet or exceed budget.
- Develop surveys, polls, needs assessments, focus groups, and interviews to determine member needs and interests.
- Motivate, provide guidance and advice, and mentor performance of direct report/s, using quantifiable performance measures and opportunities to develop position expertise.
- Serve as liaison to ACCC Membership Committee to solicit input and direction on the development and administration of all membership-related policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight of all membership reporting and analyses.
- Represent clients at membership committee meetings, ACCC national and regional meetings, occasional state society meetings, ACCC board meeting, and trade shows.
- Develop and maintain an onboarding program and consistent outreach to key contacts at member programs.
- Actively participate in assigned CORE group (internal project team).
- Keep abreast of association trends and best practices regarding membership development and engagement.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as directed by the Senior Director, Communications and Marketing.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in membership organizations. A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in association management with demonstrated success in increasing membership, achieving revenue goals, maintaining database integrity, and managing budgets. Experience should include developing/implementing strategies for member recruitment and retention. Experience with a healthcare organization is desirable.
Proficiency with association management/membership database software applications is required. Proficiency with other MS Office applications is expected. The individual has the ability to work with and motivate staff and association members, Boards, and Committees to achieve results. The Director possesses excellent judgment and oral/written communications skills for extensive interactions with clients, healthcare professionals, industry leaders and vendors. Strong organizational skills are essential to monitor multiple projects simultaneously to ensure that deliverables meet content, quality and time standards. The individual is available for occasional overnight travel, estimated at 15%.
(c ) Management, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life and AD&D insurance, Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability, and a Health Saving Account Plan. Paid vacation, sick, and personal days, holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, a Tuition Reimbursement benefit, free parking and more! For consideration, please submit a resume with cover letter and salary expectations to: HR@c-managementinc.com.