Executive Assistant to the President
Howard Community College - Executive Assistant to the President
Thank you for considering Howard Community College in your search.
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The executive assistant provides a full range of professional and executive administrative support to the college president and manages the operations of the presidents' office. The executive assistant supervises the president's office associate and president's office assistant and ensures that the president's office is appropriately staffed at all times.
Serves as the president's office manager, supervises the president's office workgroup, manages work assignments and work flow of the president's office, ensuring that the work of the president's office is timely and accurate.
Manages the president's calendar. Schedules appointments for the president with community and business members, donors and prospects, elected officials, faculty and staff, and students.
Ensures that the president has all necessary meeting materials and preparation. This includes preparing event comments/remarks, and PowerPoint presentations.
Coordinates the president's attendance at conferences and external board meetings, including registration, accommodations, travel, reimbursements, and conference follow-up.
Prepares drafts of memos, letters, emails, and other communications from the president, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of information Compiles draft of the weekly President's Update. Prepares draft of annual fall, spring, and summer student updates.
Manages the president's office budgets and purchasing.
Oversees special event planning for the president's office.
Records minutes for meetings.
- Associate of Arts degree or a minimum of 60 college level credits in a relevant area of study is required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least three (3) years progressively responsible executive-level administrative experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Technical proficiency and advanced knowledge of current software used by administrative college functions, database, calendar and presentation graphics software and ability to select appropriate software application and conceptualize format to fit the need
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and utmost discretion in interpersonal and written communication
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, take initiative, assess situations and respond appropriately and efficiently
- Ability to work cooperatively both as a team leader and team player
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and effectively handle difficult situations within college guidelines and policies
- Ability to operate all standard office equipment including a computer, copier, fax, scanners and other equipment
- Ability to use own initiative to identify and resolve problems; make decisions and follow through
- Ability to write clearly and concisely with knowledge of proper grammar, language usage, and protocol
- Ability to interact effectively with others to determine needs and resolve conflicts
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job
Full-time president's office associate and part-time, hourly president's office assistant
Overtime required for meetings and events
Valid Maryland Driver's License
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Compensation: $57,394 plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Best Consideration: May 04, 2018
As a participating member of the Maryland Retirement and Pension System, HCC offers two retirement options: The Pension, which requires a 7% employee contribution and The ORP, a 403(b) with a 7.25% employer contribution only. Employees in positions that do not require a bachelor's degree must participate in The Pension. Employees that possess a bachelor's degree and hold professional positions that require a bachelor's degree may choose to participate in either The Pension or The ORP.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
- Cover letter
- Three professional references