Coordinator, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center Events, Georgetown University Medical Center - Of
Coordinator, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center Events, Georgetown University Medical Center - Office of Advancement
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Georgetown Lombardi's seeks to prevent, treat, and cure cancers by linking scientific discovery, expert and compassionate patient care, quality education, and partnership with the community; guided by the principle of cura personalis - care for the whole person.
The Coordinator for LCCC Events provides team support in all activities relating to major fundraising and cultivation events. Reporting to the Senior Director of Constituent Events, the Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Implements all support aspects of the Lombardi Gala, Women & Wine and The Men's Event
- Manages event registration process
- Initiates planning and coordinates administrative implementation of all key volunteer committees
- Supervises event volunteers and selects external volunteer leaders and committees during events and activities.
- Monitors budgets and accounts for each assigned event, and processes funds associated with each event.
- Manages gift processing for all event registration and gifts.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in professional work environment - preference for work or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector, particularly development and special events
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Social media skills - Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- A mastery of protocol regarding high wealth societal events
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional confidence for interactions with internal colleagues, external constituents, donors, prospects, and VIPs
- Team player with strong organization skills and attention to detail
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.