Financial Services Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Office of Sponsored Programs seeks to hire a dynamic and collaborative individual for a Grants Administrator position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Grants Administrator facilitates and coordinates with university faculty, departments, and central offices to ensure the successful administration of externally sponsored funding. The areas of responsibility include proposal development, award setup, review of compliance requirements, rebudgeting, sponsor requests for prior approval, and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and sponsor rules and regulations related to grants and contracts;
- Knowledge of federal regulations pertaining to sponsored research;
- Experienced with budget development;
- Experienced with all types of award mechanisms, including grants, contracts, subcontracts, and cooperative agreements;
- Willingness to maintain knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply sponsor, institutional, and departmental policies;
- Ability to manage high-volume and complex transactions;
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to be detail-oriented and to multitask; and
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and successfully complete a criminal background check as required by federal law. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business, accounting, or a related field of study, is strongly preferred;
- Candidates with a CRA (Certified Research Administrator) certification are further preferred;
- Experience in a university or nonprofit setting is highly desirable;
- Computer skills that include experience with Microsoft Office, financial management systems, and electronic grant administration is highly desirable; and
- Experience in a team environment is highly desirable.
Mason offers a great benefits package, including retirement, life insurance, supplemental retirement options, flexible reimbursement accounts, health benefits and much more!
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02807z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :