Lead Teacher, 3s Classroom
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience, up to low $30ks
Web Announcement :
Lead Teacher, 3s Classroom
The Child Development Center (CDC) invites applications for an experienced, dedicated and progressively minded individual to serve as Lead Teacher in a 3s classroom. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This individual will develop an emergent play-based curriculum in partnership with an experienced Assistant Teacher to support the overall development and social-emotional skills based on the individual needs of each child. Additional responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with one assistant teacher, classroom assistant teachers, volunteers, and other staff;
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate child-centered curriculum consistent with the CDCs mission and philosophy;
- Maintains all standards of training and education as required by the Virginia Department of Social Services and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC);
- Develops and maintains strong connections with families;
- Collaborates with and mentors assistant teachers and volunteers from other departments on the university campus; and
- Follows basic principles of early childhood development as defined in the NAEYC code of ethical conduct.
- CDA (Child Development Associate) or equivalent bachelors degree is required (advanced degree is preferred);
- Demonstrated classroom experience (minimum one to three years is preferred);
- Maintains all standards of training and education as required by the Virginia Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing Programs;
- Effective communication and supervisory skills are necessary;
- The successful candidate must pass a tuberculosis (TB) screening and criminal record clearance before employment; and
- CPR, First Aid, and Medical Administration certifications are required, but may be completed after employment.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA760z at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, a philosophy of teaching statement, an unofficial transcript, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :