Head Dance Coach-Part Time
Successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The vision, leadership, choreography and recruitment of a competitive Dance Team.
- Establishing and maintaining a competitive team of high character and academic achievement.
- Serving in an advisory capacity to Dance Team officers and members.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelorâ€™s Degree is required.
- Previous experience choreographing and teaching groups of dancers.
- Formal training in jazz, tap, modern, ballet or other type of dance.
- Must be actively involved in on-going training/practice of hip-hop dance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this Position the employee:
- Must be able to physically demonstrate and correct dance moves.
- Regularly required to stand and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Current CPR/First Aid Certification or the completion of a Certification class within 60 days-Will provide
Special Notes to Applicants
Please also submit a list of 3 references including their name and phone number.
Application materials must be received by 05/24/2018
Open Until Filled No
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.