Intern, Climate Team
INTERN, CLIMATE TEAM
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Intern, Climate Team, will support the implementation of CI’s climate change strategy, working closely with the Climate Team within the Global Strategy Group.
S/he will develop research-driven products to complement ongoing climate change activities. S/he will support the management of the tracking (monitoring and evaluation) system for the Climate Strategy implementation process and maintain the knowledge management system to, in part, track CI’s portfolio of work on climate change and track progress toward CI’s climate goals. As part of her/his duties, the Intern will support coordination and alignment efforts to enable and encourage integration of strategic climate change priorities across CI’s portfolio of work, focusing on tracking progress on joint work plans across divisions as well as regional and thematic strategies. S/he may also provide support to CI’s programmatic priorities, research, or report development. S/he will support planning and execution of CI strategic engagement events and initiatives such as the California Global Climate Action Summit and the UNFCCC COP 24. S/he will report to the the Manager, Climate Strategy and work within CI’s Global Strategy Group.
Develop research analysis contributing to the essential implementation activities of the Climate Change Strategy:
- Work with Climate Change Lead, Climate Core Team members, and Climate Fellows to contribute to research products, such as policy briefs, technical analyses, and/or expanding case studies.
Support planning and execution of CI strategic engagement events and initiatives:
- Contribute to planning process for CI’s presence at UNFCCC COP 24.
- Contribute to planning process for CI’s presence at the California Global Climate Action Summit, including content and event logistics.
- Support the Climate Team’s development of internal and external communications content and products to support the Climate Change Strategy and CI’s thought leadership on climate change.
Support management of processes, platforms, and tools to facilitate and track the implementation of the Climate Change Strategy.
- Located in Conservation International's Arlington, VA Offices.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- Paid, full time internship.
- Actively pursuing an advanced degree in environmental studies, conservation, development, or other applicable field.
- Familiarity with in both climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Demonstrated experience in research and writing.
- Strong communications skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining productivity.
- Experience in developing countries.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, French, and/or Portuguese.
- Ability to cultivate productive relationships and partnerships across a diversity of stakeholders.
- Experience working in diverse, international teams.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to email@example.com and include "accommodation" in the subject line.