Market Development Manager, Broadband
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This role focuses on the market development for the broadband sector. The role will partner with Sales and Strategy to explore new markets, establish partnership with technology partners.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Business degree from an accredited university degree with at least ten years of relevant experience involved in sales and marketing within the telecommunications, satellite communications or (verticals). (An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the stated minimum education and experience requirements).
- Expertise within the Mobile Network Operator market.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple disciplines, with well-developed organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Effective English language written and verbal skills; proficiency in an additional language is considered a plus.
- Technical competence with tools, and software including proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Honed project management and program management skills with the ability to juggle multiple, complex responsibilities.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% as required to meet business needs
- Ability and desire to work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Act as the lead and subject matter expert for the Broadband market
- Plan MD activities in the BB sector
- In collaboration with the MNO and the Enterprise product leaders, identifies and/or develops new opportunities across vertical markets (e.g. Military, Agri, Health, Mining & Exploration, etc) using an analytical and creative approach.
- Define the sectors where new technology partnerships are required
- Define the sectors where new commercial partnerships are required
- Develop a long term market growth strategy by region / Verticals
- Execute and develop partnership
- Manage relationships between the organization and potential partners
- Recommend potential acquisition
- Assess the business opportunity for each partnership and fit with our long term strategy
- Develop a business plan / evaluate the long term benefit
- Work closely with Sales, Strategy, Finance, Innovation team to assess the market needs, business models required.
- Review impact on distribution strategy for each initiatives
- Travel internationally as required
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.