Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes PERMANENT CHANGE IN STATION: PCS expenses are authorized.
As a condition of employment at NGA, persons being considered for employment must meet NGA fitness for employment standards.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Security Clearance (Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information)
- Polygraph Test Required
- Position Subject to Drug Testing
- Two Year Probationary Period
- Direct Deposit Required
You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. In addition, you are subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph examination in order to maintain access to Top Secret information. All employees are subject to a periodic examination on a random basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Refusal to take the examination may result in denial of access to Top Secret information, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
Employees with SCI access and who are under NGA cognizance are required to submit a Security Financial Disclosure Report, SF-714, on an annual basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Failure to comply may negatively impact continued access to Top Secret information, Information Systems, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
NGA utilizes all processes and procedures of the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Non-executive NGA employees are assigned to five distinct pay bands based on the type and scope of work performed. The employee's base salary is established within their assigned pay band based on their unique qualifications. A performance pay process is conducted each year to determine a potential base pay salary increase and/or bonus. An employee's annual performance evaluation is a key factor in the performance pay process. Employees on term or temporary appointments are not eligible to apply for internal assignment opportunity notices. This position is a DCIPS position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are an external applicant claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must self-identify your eligibility in our ERecruit application. This position is funded by the National Intelligence Program (NIP).
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online resumes must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1) Applicant must have practiced law, post licensure, for a minimum of three (3) years. 2) Demonstrated ability to provide timely, accurate, and practical legal advice to enable an organizational mission consistent with applicable law; 3) Demonstrated ability to connect and collaborate with clients and colleagues to enable effective and proactive resolution of legal matters; 4) Adept at dealing with ambiguity by adapting to new demands or information and handling situations with multiple variables and unknowns, especially where there is little judicial precedent or case law; 5) Outstanding communication skills, orally (or in sign language) and in writing; and 6) Drive for Results - continuously looking for ways to improve results, showing resourcefulness, and pushing for excellence to demonstrate the ability to be a leader in the law. EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Juris Doctorate degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association. Must be a member in good standing of a bar of a U.S. state or territory, the District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1) Experience providing human relations legal advice and counsel: applicants should be highly capable at providing legal advice and counsel on all aspects of personnel law including recruitment, hiring, training, awards, separation, retirement, policy, career development, and disciplinary actions; 2) Experience providing legal advice and counsel on all types of administrative law matters including human relations policies, procedures and programs, administrative law litigation, fiscal law, ethics, tort claims, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and Privacy Act matters; 3) Superior legal research and analytical skills developed in either private practice or government service; and a demonstrated ability to evaluate pertinent facts; research, analyze and apply laws, rules, and regulations; and execute legal strategies; 4) Advanced education and training in labor and employment law, civilian personnel law, or human resources law; and 5) Experience providing legal advice and counsel in support of the U.S. Military, Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, or other U.S. Government agencies. Prior experience in the Intelligence Community to include work on TS/SCI level assignments.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are NOT required to submit a cover letter. The entire cover letter cannot exceed the specified limits provided in the Cover Letter field (3,000 characters). Pages exceeding this limit will not be considered. THE COVER LETTER IS RECOMMENDED BUT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION WITH THE NATIONAL GEOSPATIAL-INTELLIGENCE AGENCY.
APPLICANT EVALUATION PROCESS: Applicants will be evaluated for this job opportunity in three stages: 1) All applicants will be evaluated using the Mandatory Qualification Criteria; 2) Qualified applicants will then be evaluated by an expert or panel of experts using a combination of qualification criteria to determine the best-qualified candidates; 3) Best-qualified applicants may then be further evaluated through an interview process. Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the Assignment Description, Additional Information Provided By the Selecting Official, and the Qualification Requirements; and then construct their resumes to highlight their most relevant and significant experience and education for this job opportunity. This description should include examples that detail the level and complexity of the performed work. Applicants are encouraged to provide any education information referenced in the announcement. If education is listed as a mandatory requirement, only degrees obtained from an institution accredited by an accrediting organization recognized by the Secretary, US Department of Education will be accepted. As a condition of employment at NGA, persons being considered for employment must meet NGA fitness for employment standards. In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.) All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation. NGA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applications will only be accepted online. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us at email@example.com. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI