Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Director for Undergraduate Advising
The George Mason University College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) Academic Affairs unit is seeking qualified candidates for the Assistant Director for Undergraduate Advising position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The position is responsible for providing academic assistance to CVPA deans in the operation of undergraduate academic affairs, and oversees all undergraduate academic advising in CVPA units. The incumbent serves as a liaison to Central Advising; and communicates and leads CVPA unit advisors to interpret academic policy, manage orientation and admission events, and advise outreach. Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversee undergraduate academic advising for the college;
- Special advising for undeclared CVPA majors, screen student conduct issues, and review academic requests;
- Manage undergraduate retention and be familiar with retention issues;
- Provide recommendations to deans regarding schedule of classes and course offerings;
- Review and report course enrollment;
- Manage events such as orientations and convocation including planning, logistics, and communication; and
- Assist CVPA Deans and Directors with other duties as needed.
- B.A. or equivalent combination of training/experience in any area of the arts, humanities, or higher education;
- Knowledge of higher education and student services;
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work well with diverse constituents; and
- Significant demonstrated on-the-job experience in educational administration.
- M.A. in the arts, humanities, or higher education; and
- Experience in educational administration with duties relating to academic advising.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00288z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :