Media Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Master Electrician - Center for the Arts
The George Mason University Center for the Arts, within the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA), seeks qualified applicants for a full-time Assistant Master Electrician. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Assistant Master Electrician will assist with comprehensive stage lighting engineering, supervision, and execution of stage lighting elements for all activities and events within the Center for the Arts. There are a wide variety of events, including the Great Performances at Mason subscription series, university events and activities, rental events, and other activities as scheduled in the Concert Hall. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting requirements of performance, and coordination and supervision of production stage technicians to fulfill artist requirements.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute (setup/connect/test) lighting and electrical elements for Center for the Arts events and adjunct activities; perform necessary and required logistical preparations for events; and coordinate efforts with the Master Electrician and other Production Department heads, under the general guidelines established by the Production Manager;
- Perform departmental (lighting) or occasional lead supervision of crew for facility preparation of events, perform occasional operation of stage machinery such as audio and rigging equipment needed to facilitate rehearsals and performances, and perform general stage duties for the preparation and restoration of facilities and equipment;
- Implement the annual maintenance and inventory program for lighting equipment for assigned CVPA facilities; assist the Master Electrician with equipment maintenance, service and repair; assist in the planning of special initiatives and projects; and perform the work as required for the replacement, repair, rehabilitation and installation of stage equipment and systems;
- Coordinate electric department needs with other production personnel and related departments for effective overall management; and advise the Master Electrician regarding material needs for performances, maintenance and special projects; and
- Provide instruction and/or mentoring for students and other stage technicians with an interest in stage lighting.
- Undergraduate degree or certification in technical theater with specific training in lighting control and dimming technology, or equivalent training/experience;
- Must be able to lift 50lbs;
- Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to work outside of normal business hours;
- Knowledge of stage lighting control and dimming technology, technical theater, music, drama and dance idioms; and
- Must have the proficiency to meet lighting and electrical requirements of varied performance artists, musicians, dancers, etc.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with intermediate or higher lighting engineering experience or training, with demonstrated live operation experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09609z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :