Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Up to $10/hour; commensurate with education and experience
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Child Development Center is seeking part-time (29 hours per week) Teacher Assistants in our Toddler Program. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position will report to the Director of the Child Development Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the daily care and education of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards with the guidance of the classroom Teacher;
- Communicate directly with parents to establish and maintain family partnerships in the best interest of each child;
- Help maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean, organized, developmentally appropriate and engaging;
- Assist classroom teacher and support the overall center team. Required Qualifications:
- Significant demonstrated experience working in a licensed childcare facility;
- High School diploma, or combination of education and experience;
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Preferred Qualifications:
- Some coursework, in early childhood education or child development.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :