Manager, Salesforce Development
Manager, Salesforce Development
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 4.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks to hire a Manager, Salesforce Development for its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution team. Reporting to the AVP Digital User Experience, this individual will work closely with the IT development and product teams and be responsible for maintaining and supporting a high volume, high performance client facing Salesforce application. This opportunity is for an extremely motivated individual who wants to work for an online higher educational institution and support student, faculty and staff business needs.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead a team to deliver the Salesforce CRM solution that supports the university's business processes and strategic growth initiatives.
- Extensive experience developing Salesforce applications and leading a Salesforce team. Able to perform Salesforce administration.
- Partner with the business and technology departments to develop and maintain a product roadmap of internal systems and tools with an initial focus on building out CRM capabilities and products.
- Oversee the governance body for enhancement requests (ERs). Prioritize work per business needs.
- Build the department's capabilities of to support enterprise initiatives. Deliver excellent customer service that enables UMUCs institutional partners.
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle including functional analysis development of technical requirements, Salesforce architecture design, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support
- Develop high quality and scalable applications with Visualforce and Apex
- Work in the Salesforce.com development environment which includes custom objects, workflows, triggers, the Force.com IDE, migration tools, SOSQL and web services
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other systems using SOAP/REST API's and web services
- Design and implement Force.com best practices in the product development team including re-engineering and making test coverage improvements as needed
- Determine root cause analysis of issues and help determine and implement solutions
- Document and maintain design notes and release artifacts
- Commitment to excellence and high standards and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Works closely with Product Management team and with the business functions such as Student Recruiting, Student Retention, Military Partnerships, Marketing, Institutional Advancement to create ongoing enhancements and capabilities.
- Work with Product Owner to increase and drive user adoption across the organization to ensure a successful rollout.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related technical field from an accredited institution of higher learning. Experience managing a small to medium size Salesforce development team.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least three to five (3-5) years of hands on experience in Visualforce/Apex development
- Experience building complex business applications using Java, C# or C++
- Experience management a small to medium size Salesforce development team.
- Salesforce.com Developer certification
- Five (5) years of development operations experience
- At least two plus (2+) years of experience developing Force.com commercial business applications as part of a collaborative team
- At least two plus (2+) years of experience in Visualforce/Apex development
- Experience with Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API
- Experience working with Force.com application packaging and deployment is a plus
- Experience developing interactive web-based applications
- Proficiency in developing in Force.com Visual Force pages, Managed Packages, and integration to other third party solutions
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party system using web services and app exchange apps
- Knowledge of Force.com development best practices and design patterns
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum and iterative development methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks simultaneously while producing quality deliverables within agreed deadlines
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.