Office of Student Accounts
Regular, Exempt, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Accountant. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Accountant performs a variety of routine technical accounting and/or auditing work that requires the application of accounting theory, practices including performing and reviewing student account reconciliations, preparing student accounting reports utilizing manual methods and/or computer software. Ensuring that student account transactions are in accordance with UMUC, State, Federal policies, procedures are recorded consistent with acceptable accounting standards; providing customer service to students, including troubleshooting, and responding to the student inquiries.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage all credit card merchant accounts, ACH payment reports (R*Stars), the cashiering credit card payment batch settlements are receives and balances prior to creating the backup on a daily basis for Journal Entries on a weekly basis, auditing purposes, and research the missing payments/refunds in order to balance the ACH deposit total when needed.
- Student Credit Card Refund US processing, obtain the pending credit card refund report, review and processes student credit card refund in Student Financials (PeopleSoft) and Touch Net (payment gateway system).
- Verify/Post returned e-checks daily upon receipt the returned items report for all divisions.
- Handle the sales draft request and merchant charge backs; researched for back up, filled out the request form for feedback to the Merchant Services in one to two business days.
- Weekly clean up the pending Manual Credit Card Refunds, review, make adjustments, post Student Refund - Manual in Student Financials (PeopleSoft) and Touch Net (payment gateway system).
- Prepare spreadsheet of the credit card Merchant Fees report for monthly statistical purposes
- Provide world-class customer service via the telephone, emails and ticketing system to students, agencies, and internal staff; responding to all internal and external inquiries within one business day; and troubleshooting issues accurately and appropriately.
- Acts as a back for other Accounting staff and completes job processes as needed in their absence
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.