Senior Sales Operations Analyst
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The analyst performs sales analytics (pipeline, sales performance, planning) and general support functions to sales teams in the assigned region, and assists with data and process enhancements in salesforce.com. The analyst will liaise with legal and finance on contracts, booking, revenue recognition, and revenue forecasting; coordinates with solution development (customer solution engineers, capacity managers, provisioning and planning) to support operational fulfillment for opportunities at various pipeline stages.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- A Business or STEM degree from an accredited University (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience) with at least five (5) years of relevant experience including a minimum of three (3) years of applicable experience in sales support and analytics.
- Solid computer skills required - proficiency in MS Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel (vlookup and pivot tables) and PowerPoint; must be comfortable using CRM tools, service booking applications, spreadsheets and reporting tools. Specific experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Must be an effective communicator both written and oral, with the ability to clearly describe business situations, process gaps, and trends, and present information to audiences across a wide range of roles and functions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to rapidly establish and maintain highly productive working relationships at all levels across the company.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams is highly desired.
- Must be process-oriented, with ability to apply judgment on when to flag and escalate issues.
- Accuracy and thoroughness required, along with strong personal QA processes.
Sales Analytics / Pipeline Management (70%)
- Coordinate regular pipeline reviews with sales and product to ensure accurate tracking and forecasting to meet revenue goals;
- Closely monitor estimated outlook versus target on regional, team, and individual sales level;
- Work with managers to ensure we are on track for regional goals and objectives, coordinate efforts for reporting and tracking;
- Release weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly pipeline reports to monitor and drive sales performance;
- Assist sales planning by running account portfolio reports;
- Any other ad-hoc reporting requests from sales directors and sales managers.
Opportunity and CRM Support (30%)
- Provide additional support to Sales, including:
- Driving the internal order/opportunity management process to bring deals to closure in a speedy and efficient way;
- Coordinating with the Credit & Collections Dept. on payment issues and credit approvals / priorities;
- Coordinating with the Legal Department on contract issues and priorities;
- Coordinating with technical staff (Customer Sales Engineering and Provisioning teams) to ensure smooth service activation as well as resolution of technical issues;
- Conduct UAT (User Acceptance Testing) in salesforce.com;
- Coach sales in day-to-day opportunity management;
- Gather user feedback and channel requirement requests to salesforce.com product owner.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.